When considering how to build iOS and Android applications, many people think that the indigenous languages, Objective-C and Java, respectively, are the only choice. However, over the past few years, an entire new ecosystem of platforms for building mobile applications has emerged.
USITplus is unique in this space by offering a single language – C#, class library, and runtime that works across all three mobile platforms of iOS, Android, and Windows Phone (Windows Phone’s indigenous language is already C#), while still compiling native (non-interpreted) applications that are performant enough even for demanding games.
USITplus is unique in that it combines all of the power of the indigenous platforms and adds a number of powerful features of its own, including:
1. – USITplus contains bindings for nearly the entire underlying platform SDKs in both iOS and Android. Additionally, these bindings are strongly-typed, which means that they’re easy to navigate and use, and provide robust compile-time type checking and during development. This leads to fewer runtime errors and higher quality applications.
2. – USITplus provides facilities for directly invoking Objective-C, Java, C, and C++ libraries, giving you the power to use a wide array of 3rd party code that has already been created. This lets you take advantage of existing iOS and Android libraries written in Objective-C, Java or C/C++. Additionally, USITplus offers binding projects that allow you to easily bind native Objective-C and Java libraries using a declarative syntax.
3. – USITplus applications are written in C#, a modern language that includes significant improvements over Objective-C and Java such as , such as , , features, sophisticated , and more.
4. – USITplus applications use the .NET BCL, a massive collection of classes that have comprehensive and streamlined features such as powerful XML, Database, Serialization, IO, String, and Networking support, just to name a few.
5. – USITplus uses USITplus Studio on Mac OS X, and also USITplus Studio or Visual Studio 2013 on Windows. These are both modern IDE’s that include features such as code auto completion, a sophisticated Project and Solution management system, a comprehensive project template library, integrated source control, and many others.
– USITplus offers sophisticated cross-platform support for the three major mobile platforms of iOS, Android, and Windows Phone. Applications can be written to share up to 90% of their code, and our USITplus.Mobile library offers a unified API to access common resources across all three platforms. This can significantly reduce both development costs and time to market for mobile developers that target the three most popular mobile platforms